Skip to main content

Brands I’m Loving Right Now (For My Kids)


I’m really excited to be sharing a few brands I’m absolutely loving right now.  In order to break it down, I’ve divided this blog into two sections:  this week I’ll be sharing some brands I love for my kids, and next week I’ll be focusing on myself (products I’m personally using)…sometimes you have to think about yourself too.

I am definitely a huge fan of supporting local businesses and whenever possible I try to shop locally.  But occasionally I like to venture out and try other companies...and sometimes it can be such a pain!  It often means dealing with higher shipping costs, exchanges/returns can be really confusing and there can even be hidden costs.  I would be lying if I said everything I’ve ever ordered had arrived on time just as I had expected, but for the most part the brands I am sharing have been tried, tested and true.  I wouldn't be recommending them if I wasn't truly happy with my experiences.  Let's begin... 

Remie Girl

Product/Service: Clothing brand for young girls (and mommy)

I came across this company just after Christmas and since then I’ve ordered 4 items from them (I even snagged 1 item on sale).  I follow them on Instagram and their photos are adorable.  If you have a little girl between the ages of 12 months and 10 years, then you’re going to love them too!  Their products are well made, super comfortable, very stylish and their customer service is on point!  I did have an issue with sizing but the company dealt with it immediately.  Both my shipments arrived within a week of ordering and I wasn’t charged any additional costs upon arrival.  Items are a little pricey, but worth it if you're using them for a special occasion.  I especially love their leotards...my oldest daughter often wears them for gymnastics and dance, and always manages to stand out because their patterns are all so beautiful and unique.  One downfall is that you have to be quick with ordering:  some items sell out quickly!  They are made in limited quantities and sometimes sell within hours of being released (depending on the size – smaller sizes in my experience are the first to go).  But still - totally worth it!

Georgia's leotard, skirt and Irelynn's dress
******
Kortni Jeane

Product/Service: Bathing suit brand for the entire fam

I have been following this company for 2 years now and although it took me almost a year before I made my first purchase, I couldn’t have been happier when everything arrived.  One thing I adore about Kortni Jeane is that they cater to such a wide range of people.  They literally have hundreds of options to choose from.  It’s so easy to mix and match all the different styles and colours in order to find your perfect combo…and if you like twinning then you’ll enjoy trying to match your entire family!  Shipping rates are reasonable, however I did have to pay additional costs for duties once my first packaged arrived (it included six items).  Their sizing charts were accurate - everything seemed to fit extremely well.  As for actually wearing them in the water this summer, I can hardly wait!  My girls and I will most definitely be matching...it my was my oldest daughter who picked the colours! 

Not my own photo...but I seriously can't wait to replicate it:)  How cute are they?

So many options to choose from!
******
Baby Moon Kids Apparel

Product/Service: Baby, toddler and kids clothing apparel

This soon to be mother of two started her company just after having having her first daughter.  Her ultimate goal was to provide a line of clothing for little ones that moms alike would soon fall in love with.  Her collection encompasses the latest trends in young children's fashion, yet for the most part she tries to stays true to comfort and practicality.  I met her at a local Mama's Market last spring and I'm certainly glad I did.  So many of Irelynn's adorable outfits have come from her shoppe...sometimes I wish I could just buy them all!

One of my favourite outfits from last summer...fingers crossed it still fits her this summer!

My little sunflower!

Her hat is from Babymoon

The unicorn romper (so soft and comfy)...and I just bought the same one this year!
******
Royal Threads

Product/Service: Handmade Children’s Headwear (turbans, bows and headwraps)


Last spring I was also introduced to Royal Threads and since then I have continued to purchase various items for my youngest daughter.  I particularly love her turbans and bow headbands.  My little one actually keeps them on her head and I can’t get over how adorable she looks when she has them on.  You’re sure to find the perfect accessory to compliment any outfit.  The owner does offer a flat rate shipping fee within Canada, but you’ll also find her at pop-up markets throughout Toronto, Vaughan, Caledon and Newmarket.

The lace turban (my very first purchase)

The floral turban

Her bow headband

Her waffle bow headband
******
Halo Headwear

Product/Service: Handmade hats and headbands for women and children

I've been wearing their hats and headbands since 2017 and so have both my girls.  I made my first purchase at the Christmas One of a Kind Show in Toronto where I bought two hats for my youngest daughter and one for myself.  When I returned to the show this past Holiday season I was really excited to see that they had also returned and even made some improvements to their products.  The one thing I didn't like about my original purchases is that you couldn't remove the pompoms on the hats in order to thoroughly wash them.  I was very happy to learn that this year, not only could you remove the pompoms but you could also choose the style...and I love big fluffy ones!  Check out their website for how to order online or purchase at in-store locations.

Her hat

Her hat


Our matching hats

Their matching hats

Happy Shopping! 
...and have a great weekend!

Katie
xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Grandpa on his 100th Birthday

    On Sunday my grandfather turned 100 and we had a beautiful celebration.  I promise to post photos from the event once they are ready...I can hardly wait to see them!  Today I decided to share my speech completely unaltered.  If it sounds like I'm talking, it's because I literally recorded myself talking to myself about my grandpa...then I typed out what I said - almost word for word.  It truly helped me to speak from the heart and talk about the memories I'll have forever...   For my grandpa on his 100 th birthday…   My grandfather was born on February 18 th , 1918…fast forward about 64 years, and that’s when I came into the picture.   And that’s where I’m going to start.   My grandfather has been a part of my life as far back as I can remember.   At a very young age my mom and I moved into a neighbourhood in North Mississauga.   Not long after my grandparents moved into their home just one street over.   They were always right around the corne
Alzheimer's Disease is death before death, and I'm terrified of it." - Joey Comeau I wrote this entire entry last Sunday during my 5 hour train ride... Once again I'm on board VIA Rail train 65 to Toronto Union from Dorval, Quebec.  For my friends and family who follow my accounts through social media, it appears that I am returning home from a fun-filled weekend away - no kids, a little shopping, plenty of good food, morning runs along the St. Lawrence, non-alcoholic wine and loads of good conversation.  Not to mention this was the first time in over 5 years that I've left home and my family to be on my own for a few days.  But below the surface and behind all the charming photos, this weekend had much more meaning and significance than I ever could have imagined...For the first time in 7 years I went to visit my father. I never wanted to make this trip alone and nor did I intend on waiting so long.  I should have done it years prior but the timing

Tasca Park

    A couple weeks ago it was a beautiful Sunday morning and all I wanted to do was pack up the car with the entire family and head out to enjoy the day.  I was thinking something really fun - like heading to Center Island.  The reality was we were completely unprepared for any kind of outing...especially one that required planning ahead and being organized.  Instead we decided to save our Island adventure for another day (maybe even another year -ha!) and got to work cleaning up some things around the house.  All those really boring things I hate doing on a Sunday, but those are the same things you're grateful you did when Monday morning rolls around.    By the afternoon we were feeling ready and prepped for the week ahead but I still had that desire to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  My hubby and I decided to throw the diaper bag in the car, fill up the water bottles and head out to one of the local parks in Caledon.  We really had no idea where we were g