Skip to main content

Tasca Park

 
 
A couple weeks ago it was a beautiful Sunday morning and all I wanted to do was pack up the car with the entire family and head out to enjoy the day.  I was thinking something really fun - like heading to Center Island.  The reality was we were completely unprepared for any kind of outing...especially one that required planning ahead and being organized.  Instead we decided to save our Island adventure for another day (maybe even another year -ha!) and got to work cleaning up some things around the house.  All those really boring things I hate doing on a Sunday, but those are the same things you're grateful you did when Monday morning rolls around. 
 
By the afternoon we were feeling ready and prepped for the week ahead but I still had that desire to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  My hubby and I decided to throw the diaper bag in the car, fill up the water bottles and head out to one of the local parks in Caledon.  We really had no idea where we were going when we turned the car on but we ended up just around the corner, in the town of Nobleton.  A few months ago my husband had mentioned that one of the newer neighbourhoods in their community had just finished building a beautiful park and I had heard through the grapevine the exact same thing - so we decided to check it out.
 
WOW!  We were impressed.  This park had everything...an amazing playground, obstacles for the older kids, a waterpark, skate park, basketball courts, a soccer field, running path and a large sheltered sitting area.  It even had outdoor washrooms - porta potties to be exact (but hey, that beats a bush).  We honestly didn't want to leave.  We spent two hours there and the kiddies had a blast.  Luckily we had bathing suits, soccer balls and baseball equipment in the car from the day prior, so the kids were able to enjoy all the park had to offer.  Sometimes not cleaning out the car has it's advantages -ha! 
 
When it came time to leave we promised the kids we would return in the near future...and we did!  The following week with our good friends.  We packed snacks, lunches and spent the entire morning there.  Once again my girlfriend was beyond impressed and her boys are even older than our kids. 
 
The funny thing is my hubby and I recently found out the park had won a provincial award for design - we both agreed that it was well deserved.  Be sure to check it out:  https://www.caledonenterprise.com/news-story/7162678-tasca-park-in-nobleton-wins-provincial-award-for-design/
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sometimes staying local and exploring your own community can be an unexpected adventure the whole family can enjoy!
 
Have a great weekend! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Grandpa on his 100th Birthday

    On Sunday my grandfather turned 100 and we had a beautiful celebration.  I promise to post photos from the event once they are ready...I can hardly wait to see them!  Today I decided to share my speech completely unaltered.  If it sounds like I'm talking, it's because I literally recorded myself talking to myself about my grandpa...then I typed out what I said - almost word for word.  It truly helped me to speak from the heart and talk about the memories I'll have forever...   For my grandpa on his 100 th birthday…   My grandfather was born on February 18 th , 1918…fast forward about 64 years, and that’s when I came into the picture.   And that’s where I’m going to start.   My grandfather has been a part of my life as far back as I can remember.   At a very young age my mom and I moved into a neighbourhood in North Mississauga.   Not long after my grandparents moved into their home just one street over.   They were always right around the corne
Alzheimer's Disease is death before death, and I'm terrified of it." - Joey Comeau I wrote this entire entry last Sunday during my 5 hour train ride... Once again I'm on board VIA Rail train 65 to Toronto Union from Dorval, Quebec.  For my friends and family who follow my accounts through social media, it appears that I am returning home from a fun-filled weekend away - no kids, a little shopping, plenty of good food, morning runs along the St. Lawrence, non-alcoholic wine and loads of good conversation.  Not to mention this was the first time in over 5 years that I've left home and my family to be on my own for a few days.  But below the surface and behind all the charming photos, this weekend had much more meaning and significance than I ever could have imagined...For the first time in 7 years I went to visit my father. I never wanted to make this trip alone and nor did I intend on waiting so long.  I should have done it years prior but the timing