Skip to main content

Welcome Back

 
After weeks of illness circulating our home, endless holiday celebrations and lots of quiet family time, I can't tell you how excited I am to be back at writing.  It's been a long but much needed break from blogging but I'm finally feeling ready and eager for 2017!

It's officially been 1 year since I made my first entry (feeling proud).  In that time I've had the opportunity to grow as a writer (not that I'll ever be some famous author) - but more in the sense that I've learned to open up a little, write as if I am speaking (which isn't always grammatically correct -ha!) and share with my readers feelings from the heart.  I still haven't managed to narrow it down to one topic, but rather my blog has taken its own path and become a permanent diary of my life, documenting my adventures as a wife, a mom, an athlete, an artist.  It's allowed to me express myself, offer advice, share ideas and stories, provide inspiration and connect with family, friends and even strangers.  With 49 published entries I've had nearly 6000 page views, averaging approximately 150 returning readers each week, from all over the world - North America, Australia, France, Germany, Russia, Poland, the Philippines...and the list goes on.  I never ever imagined connecting with so many people around the world...it truly makes what once seemed a daunting and unrealistic goal (starting my own blog) so worthwhile!  My original intention was to reach out to family and close friends (and that alone was exciting for me) - but blogging has obviously proven to be an exciting journey...and I've only just begun!

This year I hope to write about and share some very intimate and personal life experiences...while continuing to focus on what my readers have been most interested in (family friendly activities, healthy meals for kids, going green, and of course tons of visuals - my readers love photos!).  I promise to make this year worth reading...I truly can't wait to share some of my upcoming entries.  After taking nearly 3 weeks off from writing, my mind has literally become full of topics to share with you - stay tuned!
 
I can't forget to say thank you...to my readers especially (family, friends and new acquaintances).  It's honestly the best feeling in the world when I know you're all taking the time to read my blog each week - and even more exciting is hearing the words of encouragement and appreciation.  To know that I have reached out and affected even one person each week is enough to bring absolute satisfaction...the ultimate reward.  In addition to my readers I must also acknowledge all those in my life who are much better at spelling than me.  My "proofreaders"...my mom, my sister-in-law and my two wonderful neighbours.  I'm sure there has still been a few errors but if found you can blame them -haha!  Just kidding, you guys are the best!  Finally, I have to thank my incredible family (Jordan, Hudson, Georgia-Rose, Baby Jack, Cody and all of our extended family).  Without you, there would be no reason to write...you guys continue to inspire me everyday and our adventures together are what creates this amazing story.  I can't wait for the next chapter!
 
Some photos from our most recent photoshoot...(I love these guys so much!)
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!  Let's get this year started...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Grandpa on his 100th Birthday

    On Sunday my grandfather turned 100 and we had a beautiful celebration.  I promise to post photos from the event once they are ready...I can hardly wait to see them!  Today I decided to share my speech completely unaltered.  If it sounds like I'm talking, it's because I literally recorded myself talking to myself about my grandpa...then I typed out what I said - almost word for word.  It truly helped me to speak from the heart and talk about the memories I'll have forever...   For my grandpa on his 100 th birthday…   My grandfather was born on February 18 th , 1918…fast forward about 64 years, and that’s when I came into the picture.   And that’s where I’m going to start.   My grandfather has been a part of my life as far back as I can remember.   At a very young age my mom and I moved into a neighbourhood in North Mississauga.   Not long after my grandparents moved into their home just one street over.   They were always right around the corne
Alzheimer's Disease is death before death, and I'm terrified of it." - Joey Comeau I wrote this entire entry last Sunday during my 5 hour train ride... Once again I'm on board VIA Rail train 65 to Toronto Union from Dorval, Quebec.  For my friends and family who follow my accounts through social media, it appears that I am returning home from a fun-filled weekend away - no kids, a little shopping, plenty of good food, morning runs along the St. Lawrence, non-alcoholic wine and loads of good conversation.  Not to mention this was the first time in over 5 years that I've left home and my family to be on my own for a few days.  But below the surface and behind all the charming photos, this weekend had much more meaning and significance than I ever could have imagined...For the first time in 7 years I went to visit my father. I never wanted to make this trip alone and nor did I intend on waiting so long.  I should have done it years prior but the timing

Tasca Park

    A couple weeks ago it was a beautiful Sunday morning and all I wanted to do was pack up the car with the entire family and head out to enjoy the day.  I was thinking something really fun - like heading to Center Island.  The reality was we were completely unprepared for any kind of outing...especially one that required planning ahead and being organized.  Instead we decided to save our Island adventure for another day (maybe even another year -ha!) and got to work cleaning up some things around the house.  All those really boring things I hate doing on a Sunday, but those are the same things you're grateful you did when Monday morning rolls around.    By the afternoon we were feeling ready and prepped for the week ahead but I still had that desire to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  My hubby and I decided to throw the diaper bag in the car, fill up the water bottles and head out to one of the local parks in Caledon.  We really had no idea where we were g