Skip to main content

Brands I'm Loving For Me

Last month I shared some Products I Was Loving For My Kids and at the time I promised to share Products I Was Loving For Myself...so here it is finally.  I apologize for the delay.

Rachel Parcell
Product/Service:  Women's clothing brand specializing in classic feminine pieces

I've been following Rachel Parcell's Blog Pink Peonies for a couple years and in that time I've seen her company grow from a small business into a fashion empire.  Her company is based in the United States, but with her recent release into Nordstrom you can now purchase her line in two Canadian locations.  I couldn't have been more excited about this news!  I literally drove down to Yorkdale the evening before the release and bought one of her dresses.  They were even more beautiful in person.  I loved them all so much that I ended up ordering another one a few days later.  I wore one of them for our Easter dinner and I can hardly wait to wear the other one later this summer.


Kora Organics
Product/Service:

International model Miranda Kerr launched this line in 2009.  One of the things I love about this company is that they specialize in organic and natural cosmetics.  They also carry a number of really fun products such as luminizers and shimmering body oils.  Another added bonus is that you can shop most of these items at Sephora...which means you don't have to deal with all the hassles of ordering online.


Clementine Fields
Product/Service:  An online natural beauty store

I stumbled upon this amazing online store last year when I was trying to replace a product I loved and needed more of.  I really had no idea where to buy it but my google search landed me in the perfect spot.  It was literally the company of my dreams...and it was Canadian.  They pride themselves in being able to provide customers with the best that green beauty has to offer.  I have ordered several items over the past year and can truly speak from my personal experience. Their customer service is impeccable, prices are very reasonable, shipping is fast and reliable and their standards for both safety and luxury are without a doubt at their highest.


Vintner's Daughter
Product/Service:  A relatively new line of skin care products (Active Botanical Serum)

I came across this line through someone I was following on Instagram.  This particular person swore by the product she was using, so I felt intrigued to do a little research and find out more about it.  It didn't take long before I decided it was something I wanted to try.  The only downfall was the hefty price tag attached.  I decided to ask for it for Christmas, and I'm so glad I did.  It has definitely lived up to all its positive reviews and even better...I still have quite a bit left which makes it seem a little more affordable.  Although the company is American, you can now purchase the product from Clementine Fields.

I use the Active Botanical Serum

Kelly's Bake Shoppe
Product/Service:  Baked goods that are also gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan and peanut-free

Located in Burlington, Ontario this "healthy" bakery is as tasty on the inside as it is beautifully decorated on the outside.  It is owned by a mother-daughter duo who not only strive to provide healthy, guilt-free and delicious baked goods through their business, but they also pride themselves on living kinder, more sustainable lives as individuals.  I love following both of them on Instagram and being able to stay in the loop when it comes to their business as well as their personal lives.  I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I've never actually been to their bakery, but thanks to my dear friend I did have the chance to indulge in some of their amazing cupcakes.  My girlfriend surprised me and delivered 6 cupcakes to my house along with a copy of their best-selling cookbook Made With Love (Link to cookbook).  I would say it's definitely worth the drive to Burlington!


Fabletics
Product/Service:  Ladies yoga and athletic apparel.
If you follow anyone on social media or do any form of online shopping then it's very likely you've at some point come across Kate Hudson's line of clothing Fabletics.  It seems I couldn't avoid their advertisements even if I tried.  A few months ago I finally gave in and ordered my first two pairs of leggings...with such a great price point (2 for $24), it was hard to resist.  When my package arrived and it certainly came quick (only a few days), I was quite impressed with the quality and fit.  They were comparable to brands such as lululemon and less than half the price.  So whats's the catch?  Well each month they send you outfit suggestions based on your personal preferences and if you don't take the time to call in and opt out of purchasing - then they charge your credit card.  The entire process is relatively easy as long as you don't forget, and so far I haven't.  At this point in time I would definitely recommend Fabletics.  They make comfortable, trendy and affordable athletic gear...all things I can appreciate.



Have a great weekend!

Katie
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Grandpa on his 100th Birthday

    On Sunday my grandfather turned 100 and we had a beautiful celebration.  I promise to post photos from the event once they are ready...I can hardly wait to see them!  Today I decided to share my speech completely unaltered.  If it sounds like I'm talking, it's because I literally recorded myself talking to myself about my grandpa...then I typed out what I said - almost word for word.  It truly helped me to speak from the heart and talk about the memories I'll have forever...   For my grandpa on his 100 th birthday…   My grandfather was born on February 18 th , 1918…fast forward about 64 years, and that’s when I came into the picture.   And that’s where I’m going to start.   My grandfather has been a part of my life as far back as I can remember.   At a very young age my mom and I moved into a neighbourhood in North Mississauga.   Not long after my grandparents moved into their home just one street over.   They were always right around the corne
Alzheimer's Disease is death before death, and I'm terrified of it." - Joey Comeau I wrote this entire entry last Sunday during my 5 hour train ride... Once again I'm on board VIA Rail train 65 to Toronto Union from Dorval, Quebec.  For my friends and family who follow my accounts through social media, it appears that I am returning home from a fun-filled weekend away - no kids, a little shopping, plenty of good food, morning runs along the St. Lawrence, non-alcoholic wine and loads of good conversation.  Not to mention this was the first time in over 5 years that I've left home and my family to be on my own for a few days.  But below the surface and behind all the charming photos, this weekend had much more meaning and significance than I ever could have imagined...For the first time in 7 years I went to visit my father. I never wanted to make this trip alone and nor did I intend on waiting so long.  I should have done it years prior but the timing

Tasca Park

    A couple weeks ago it was a beautiful Sunday morning and all I wanted to do was pack up the car with the entire family and head out to enjoy the day.  I was thinking something really fun - like heading to Center Island.  The reality was we were completely unprepared for any kind of outing...especially one that required planning ahead and being organized.  Instead we decided to save our Island adventure for another day (maybe even another year -ha!) and got to work cleaning up some things around the house.  All those really boring things I hate doing on a Sunday, but those are the same things you're grateful you did when Monday morning rolls around.    By the afternoon we were feeling ready and prepped for the week ahead but I still had that desire to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  My hubby and I decided to throw the diaper bag in the car, fill up the water bottles and head out to one of the local parks in Caledon.  We really had no idea where we were g