Skip to main content

Life Update and Other Fun News



Greetings!  I know, it's been a while since my last post which is why I wanted to begin with a little life update.  

Let's rewind to the final days of summer 2018...one week before school started we found out every single person in our household had lice.  That same weekend I had to go for an ultrasound on my right breast.  Talk about a stressful and expensive few days.  The lice situation was completely treatable, but cost us a small fortune...on the other hand, waiting for my test results from the ultrasound seemed next to impossible (for me at least).  The fact that I was dealing with a whole lot of things at home made waiting for my results that much worse.  In the end it turns out I had nothing to worry about, a few benign cysts most likely related to a breastfeeding issue and as for the lice...we managed to take care of that too (with a little help from the pros).  

Then it was back to school for Hudson and Georgia.  It doesn't matter how prepared you think you are, that time of year is always busy!

A few weeks later Jack and Irelynn started preschool, and I officially ended my final mat leave.  I wanted so much to be excited about going back to work but the reality is I had no motivation or desire to do so.  A the time our lives seemed completely out of order and I was already feeling run down, but regardless I just moved forward hoping for the best.  Four days ha!  That's as far as I got (this is my friendly reminder that if something doesn't feel right - it probably isn't).

Irelynn had a horrible first week at school.  By day 3 she was a snotty, coughing, sneezing mess.  Before I knew it I was sick too and by the end of the second week I had full blown pneumonia.  If that wasn’t bad enough, Irelynn’s cold just didn’t go away, she then developed an ear infection and missed two weeks of school.  Just when we thought we were in the clear, all of a sudden Jack threw-up (there was literally no warming – one minute we were reading a book together and the next minute there was vomit everywhere).  Then he was fine –ha!  My hubby tried to convince me that Jack had found the Halloween candy and had probably just eaten too many…as much as I wanted to believe him I knew we were dealing with something more.  In the days that followed every single member of our family came down with a horrible stomach virus.  Thankfully the vomiting only lasted 24 hours, but it was days before we started to feel like ourselves again.  It wasn’t until Halloween that we began to get back on track and into a somewhat regular routine.  

Irelynn started school a second time and I went back to work again…this time with a much more positive mindset.  Sometimes things happen for a reason.  Despite a stressful and frustrating start to the school year, November rolled in and with it came new opportunities and a fresh new beginning.  I started working part-time at a new school just 10 minutes from our house, Irelynn was slowly making progress in her new classroom and thanks to a good friend we managed to find after school care for Georgia and Hudson. 

Sometimes I want to believe that everything just falls into place...because I can honestly look back over my life and recall times when I thought it did.  But the more likely explanation is things start falling into place when you make the effort.  Talk about a team effort - my hubby and I kicked some serious ass this fall and together we got this family back on track...for now at least:)

Some of the other things we've been up too...

Hudson finished his 2018 baseball season with a tie game against the best team in the league.  Way to go Hudson!

Where we'll be spending much of next summer.  After 2 weeks of try-outs Hudson was over the moon excited to find out he made the 2019 Bolton Braves Rep Baseball Team.

Jordan and I are officially an Aunt and Uncle to baby Claire.  Congrats to my brother and sister-in law!

Jackson started dance and even though he's the only boy in the class, he loves spending time with his bestie!  Too much cuteness in one picture!

Georgia is well on her way to competing in her first dance competition this April.  I can hardly wait to see her and the team performing on stage this spring.

First day of school for these little monkeys.

We spent Thanksgiving weekend at my Aunt's cottage...a little change this year, but we enjoyed every minute.

Many days were spent like this...recovering from all the illness that circulated through our home this fall.

Our big guy Hudson turned 7 in October and we celebrated with an Amazing Race birthday party.

I bought one of these boards in September and I'm loving all the things I can do with it...but I wish there was some instant way to write things because it takes a long time! (still worth it though)

Back at working and really starting to enjoy it.  Sometimes on my lunch break I just sit in my car, drink my coffee and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Purple hair don't care!

I'm very happy we didn't have to miss the Halloween Haunted Hill Run.  A family tradition four years in the making.









Have a great week!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Grandpa on his 100th Birthday

    On Sunday my grandfather turned 100 and we had a beautiful celebration.  I promise to post photos from the event once they are ready...I can hardly wait to see them!  Today I decided to share my speech completely unaltered.  If it sounds like I'm talking, it's because I literally recorded myself talking to myself about my grandpa...then I typed out what I said - almost word for word.  It truly helped me to speak from the heart and talk about the memories I'll have forever...   For my grandpa on his 100 th birthday…   My grandfather was born on February 18 th , 1918…fast forward about 64 years, and that’s when I came into the picture.   And that’s where I’m going to start.   My grandfather has been a part of my life as far back as I can remember.   At a very young age my mom and I moved into a neighbourhood in North Mississauga.   Not long after my grandparents moved into their home just one street over.   They were always right around the corne
Alzheimer's Disease is death before death, and I'm terrified of it." - Joey Comeau I wrote this entire entry last Sunday during my 5 hour train ride... Once again I'm on board VIA Rail train 65 to Toronto Union from Dorval, Quebec.  For my friends and family who follow my accounts through social media, it appears that I am returning home from a fun-filled weekend away - no kids, a little shopping, plenty of good food, morning runs along the St. Lawrence, non-alcoholic wine and loads of good conversation.  Not to mention this was the first time in over 5 years that I've left home and my family to be on my own for a few days.  But below the surface and behind all the charming photos, this weekend had much more meaning and significance than I ever could have imagined...For the first time in 7 years I went to visit my father. I never wanted to make this trip alone and nor did I intend on waiting so long.  I should have done it years prior but the timing

Tasca Park

    A couple weeks ago it was a beautiful Sunday morning and all I wanted to do was pack up the car with the entire family and head out to enjoy the day.  I was thinking something really fun - like heading to Center Island.  The reality was we were completely unprepared for any kind of outing...especially one that required planning ahead and being organized.  Instead we decided to save our Island adventure for another day (maybe even another year -ha!) and got to work cleaning up some things around the house.  All those really boring things I hate doing on a Sunday, but those are the same things you're grateful you did when Monday morning rolls around.    By the afternoon we were feeling ready and prepped for the week ahead but I still had that desire to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  My hubby and I decided to throw the diaper bag in the car, fill up the water bottles and head out to one of the local parks in Caledon.  We really had no idea where we were g