Skip to main content

12 Random Things





I love this quote!
I'll be honest, I wasn't in the mood to write anything big this week so instead I've decided to share 12 random things with my readers.  The idea came to me after reading a blog last week written by one of my favourite bloggers.  Sharing random thoughts in her posts is something she does almost monthly.  I enjoy these entries most of all because they offer an up-date on her day-to-day life and often I'm able to relate to many of the things she writes about.
Here are mine...
1.  I'm officially 27 weeks 1 day pregnant (due June 27th) - Yay!  Almost in my third trimester.  The funny thing is, based on my dating ultrasound which was done around 7 weeks, I'm only 26 weeks and due July 5th.  According to my doctor the later due date is more accurate...let's just say he's probably right, but when I make it to the earlier date I'm pretty sure I'll be good and ready.  "Please hangout...go ahead and stay another week inside my belly" - said no female to her unborn full-term child ever!!
2.  Do we have names yet??  You bet I do, but unfortunately my hubby and I are yet to agree on one.  My 3 year old has decided her little sister will be named Isabelle...little does she know I have no intention of naming our unborn child Isabelle.  It's a beautiful name but it's not for me.   Who knows?  Maybe I'll consider it for one of her middle names.
3.  Speaking of middle names...all of our children have two middle names.  My hubby never liked the idea but I have two middle names, so I somehow convinced him it was necessary.
4. I just started a new 3rd trimester labour bootcamp...just a little workout routine I can basically do anywhere, anytime.  It only takes about 20 minutes but I definitely work up a sweat doing it.  My intention is to make it a part of my daily routine at least 5 days/week.  Week one was a success!  I literally can't sit down without supporting myself right now because my leg muscles are so sore -ha!  If I manage to keep it up, I promise to share an up-date next month on how it's going.  On a side note - my hubby started a workout routine too!  I'm very proud of him.
5.  Yes I'm still running...about 4 days/week.  I'm eager to sign up for a race later this spring but I'm so indecisive right now - which one should I do?
6.  My body is finally craving healthy foods again.  Last weekend we spent an amazing few days with our friends at Blue Mountain and enjoyed several incredible meals but as soon as we got home I put my family on a strict vegetarian diet for a few days!  I  love meat but I can only take so much of it...and my kiddies are the same.  My oldest son actually threw up his dinner during our first night at Blue.  We enjoyed a lot of ribs that evening, which is not something he's used to.  They were absolutely delicious but his little tummy just couldn't take it.
7.  I can hardly wait to see Beauty and the Beast!  I feel like a little girl again going to see the original animated film for the first time.
8.  I'm loving the longer days and somewhat warmer weather (with the exception of today's crazy snow storm!)  I'm also counting down the days until I can take the kiddies to the Farmer's Market again!
9.  It's been almost one year since I last cut my hair...I plan on waiting a little longer but I'm really looking forward to spoiling myself one day, getting my hair done, then heading out for a girls night.  I did the same thing last year and I promised myself back then I would do it more often.  It's definitely that time again.
10.  We just found out my brother is coming home for the Easter weekend and I can hardly wait.  The kids are even more excited than me because they had the time of their lives getting to know him better this past Christmas.  We've already started counting down the days.
11.  Our dog Cody is getting groomed this weekend...right now he looks like a giant polar bear (he's an almost 90 pound golden doodle).  Last time he was groomed our littlest guy didn't even recognize him.  It was pretty funny.
12.  I'm really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning but I'm also considering getting up and going for a run...if I run in the morning before drinking anything I don't have to take as many washroom breaks -ha!  Although I know exactly where all the good bushes in my neighbourhood are -haha!
Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Grandpa on his 100th Birthday

    On Sunday my grandfather turned 100 and we had a beautiful celebration.  I promise to post photos from the event once they are ready...I can hardly wait to see them!  Today I decided to share my speech completely unaltered.  If it sounds like I'm talking, it's because I literally recorded myself talking to myself about my grandpa...then I typed out what I said - almost word for word.  It truly helped me to speak from the heart and talk about the memories I'll have forever...   For my grandpa on his 100 th birthday…   My grandfather was born on February 18 th , 1918…fast forward about 64 years, and that’s when I came into the picture.   And that’s where I’m going to start.   My grandfather has been a part of my life as far back as I can remember.   At a very young age my mom and I moved into a neighbourhood in North Mississauga.   Not long after my grandparents moved into their home just one street over.   They were always right around the corne
Alzheimer's Disease is death before death, and I'm terrified of it." - Joey Comeau I wrote this entire entry last Sunday during my 5 hour train ride... Once again I'm on board VIA Rail train 65 to Toronto Union from Dorval, Quebec.  For my friends and family who follow my accounts through social media, it appears that I am returning home from a fun-filled weekend away - no kids, a little shopping, plenty of good food, morning runs along the St. Lawrence, non-alcoholic wine and loads of good conversation.  Not to mention this was the first time in over 5 years that I've left home and my family to be on my own for a few days.  But below the surface and behind all the charming photos, this weekend had much more meaning and significance than I ever could have imagined...For the first time in 7 years I went to visit my father. I never wanted to make this trip alone and nor did I intend on waiting so long.  I should have done it years prior but the timing

Tasca Park

    A couple weeks ago it was a beautiful Sunday morning and all I wanted to do was pack up the car with the entire family and head out to enjoy the day.  I was thinking something really fun - like heading to Center Island.  The reality was we were completely unprepared for any kind of outing...especially one that required planning ahead and being organized.  Instead we decided to save our Island adventure for another day (maybe even another year -ha!) and got to work cleaning up some things around the house.  All those really boring things I hate doing on a Sunday, but those are the same things you're grateful you did when Monday morning rolls around.    By the afternoon we were feeling ready and prepped for the week ahead but I still had that desire to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  My hubby and I decided to throw the diaper bag in the car, fill up the water bottles and head out to one of the local parks in Caledon.  We really had no idea where we were g