Skip to main content

One Bad Ass Team


The unpredictable and stormy weather we had that day is what ultimately set the perfect backdrop for the most bad ass team photo ever taken.  But you can't always anticipate the weather, so instead we had to hope for the best and thankfully that day the weather gods were on our side.  Truthfully, the weather was probably the least of our concerns.  We had such a small window of opportunity to get the shoot done in order for the finished product to be ready and sent off in time for it to be printed.  Basically everything over a period of a few days had to fall perfectly into place...and luckily it did. 

The entire team was excited and ready to go that evening.  Our photographer (Tim from Timothy James Photography) arrived just before seven as the sun was beginning to settle behind the trees.  The lighting was just right.  He tried several team photos and poses before managing to capture the perfect shot!  The funny thing is, when it happened, Tim was actually just taking photos for the fun of it.  At that point he was encouraging the kids to just be themselves and find a position they were comfortable in.  I'm sure you'll all agree that the final edit was a true representation of each child and his or her unique personality.  Although it may look as though the photo was staged, it was definitely the kids who directed that final shot.

Once the shoot was finished, Tim spent the entire next day editing all the photos.  He also managed to capture some great individual ones.  By the following evening he had sent off the final edited team photo to Vistaprint, to be printed on a 6 by 10 foot outdoor banner.  Within 3 days the finished product arrived on our doorstep and Hudson could not have been happier.  We eagerly unwrapped the package and took a first glance at the image.  It was more perfect than we ever could have imagined.  We brought it to practice that evening, but the head coach decided to unveil the banner at our home game a couple days later.  It was pretty exciting to see it go up for the first time behind their dugout later that week, and well worth the wait.

At their home tournament that weekend the team received so many compliments from family, friends and other spectators.  It seemed to capture the attention of all who passed by.

Thank you to Timothy James Photography and Vistaprint for your exceptional work and speedy delivery!

Some of the other shots...
  




The day it arrived!

Hanging behind their dugout for the first time!

Have a great week! 

Katie 
xo

Comments

  1. DR WILLIAMS CURED 7 YEARS AUTISM
    I am sharing this testimony for my daughter who suffered autism for 7 years. I am doing this, because I was her mother and caregiver  during her dark days and am very happy to share it so that others can be helped through  DR WILLIAMS HERBAL MEDICINE. It was a tough a battle for her; I was not actually the one who hard autism, but bearing the burden makes me understand what parents whose children and love with autism go through.
    Lesia now 19 and was diagnosed with autism at the age of twelve, for seven years, she fought against her diagnosis. I must admit it was never easy for us as a family; we had to constantly watch her, and answer questions that we couldn’t explain. On several occasions, she asked if she will ever stop having speech delay and get well like her school mates and be the best swimmer she dreamt of becoming. She was a very happy child; and had a ‘normal’ childhood and there was no suggestion that she would later on develop autism. 
    She refused to accept defeat and fought autism. She religiously kept to her medications in spite of their side effects. We all wanted a cure, so that she can chase her dream and live a normal life like every other child. But the more she takes these medications, the more her school grade drop. She couldn’t concentrate and we noticed that her memory was being severely adversely affected. Each time we went back to the hospital, her medicines were changed to a different one. Seems like, each change of drug brings about change in side effects. After about 6 years on   Abilify ,  Geodon  , and other medicines, it seemed the autism started to increase in frequency. I had to make effort to reduce her medicines with plans to eventually stop it all. We found an alternative treatment in homeopathy, which was better than her English drugs. Gradually, I reduced her drugs, and her autism were no longer as frequent as it was as when she was on conventional drugs.
    With our little breakthrough with homeopathy treatment, we made further search for natural cure. Fortunately we saw testimonies about herbal medicines which cure autism. We saw a lot of claims though, contacted them and didn’t get a useful reply. Lucky for us, we finally got a reply from Doctor Williams, he directed us to his blog where we saw a lot of information about his herbal medicine . Without further delay I made a purchase for her, I switched her over to it. We had great breakthrough, that in 3 weeks, her autism reduced. After 1 months as Doctor Williams promised , all autism symptoms stopped. It was like a miracle for us. since all this days now Lesia became autism free. Her story is quite lengthy, I hope it also help someone out there.for more information you can email Dr Williams on drwilliams098675@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To My Grandpa on his 100th Birthday

    On Sunday my grandfather turned 100 and we had a beautiful celebration.  I promise to post photos from the event once they are ready...I can hardly wait to see them!  Today I decided to share my speech completely unaltered.  If it sounds like I'm talking, it's because I literally recorded myself talking to myself about my grandpa...then I typed out what I said - almost word for word.  It truly helped me to speak from the heart and talk about the memories I'll have forever...   For my grandpa on his 100 th birthday…   My grandfather was born on February 18 th , 1918…fast forward about 64 years, and that’s when I came into the picture.   And that’s where I’m going to start.   My grandfather has been a part of my life as far back as I can remember.   At a very young age my mom and I moved into a neighbourhood in North Mississauga.   Not long after my grandparents moved into their home just one street over.   They were always right around the corne
Alzheimer's Disease is death before death, and I'm terrified of it." - Joey Comeau I wrote this entire entry last Sunday during my 5 hour train ride... Once again I'm on board VIA Rail train 65 to Toronto Union from Dorval, Quebec.  For my friends and family who follow my accounts through social media, it appears that I am returning home from a fun-filled weekend away - no kids, a little shopping, plenty of good food, morning runs along the St. Lawrence, non-alcoholic wine and loads of good conversation.  Not to mention this was the first time in over 5 years that I've left home and my family to be on my own for a few days.  But below the surface and behind all the charming photos, this weekend had much more meaning and significance than I ever could have imagined...For the first time in 7 years I went to visit my father. I never wanted to make this trip alone and nor did I intend on waiting so long.  I should have done it years prior but the timing

Tasca Park

    A couple weeks ago it was a beautiful Sunday morning and all I wanted to do was pack up the car with the entire family and head out to enjoy the day.  I was thinking something really fun - like heading to Center Island.  The reality was we were completely unprepared for any kind of outing...especially one that required planning ahead and being organized.  Instead we decided to save our Island adventure for another day (maybe even another year -ha!) and got to work cleaning up some things around the house.  All those really boring things I hate doing on a Sunday, but those are the same things you're grateful you did when Monday morning rolls around.    By the afternoon we were feeling ready and prepped for the week ahead but I still had that desire to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  My hubby and I decided to throw the diaper bag in the car, fill up the water bottles and head out to one of the local parks in Caledon.  We really had no idea where we were g