Skip to main content

Our Civiv Holiday Weekend

Last weekend we had such a blast with family and friends.  It was go, go, go right until Monday evening when we arrived home just in time for the season finale of the Bachelorette...mommy's idea of the perfect ending to our wonderful holiday weekend. 

But unfortunately none of us were ourselves this week.  I was was feeling extremely rundown and so were the kiddies.  I guess we tried to squeeze a little too much into 3 days...even I'll admit that (and normally I don't like to miss out on anything!).  Regardless, the memories we made and the adventures we had made it all worthwhile.

The weekend began with a surprise visit from my brother and his girlfriend (she's definitely a keeper bro).  I say surprise because we only found out a few days prior that they were arriving.  We had one day to spend with them so we decided to make the most of it.  We visited the market, had lunch with my mom, went swimming (in the hot tub -ha!), enjoyed a fabulous dinner made by my brother's girlfriend and had a movie night.  Early Sunday morning we said goodbye, but thankfully the kids weren't too upset because it was on to the next adventure.
 
Meeting his newest niece Irelynn Grace.

We spent a few hours packing then we loaded everyone into the car and headed north to the town of Severn, Ontario.  There we were greeted by our good friends who had invited us to spend a couple days at their cottage.  At first we had considered doing only a day trip, but it didn't take much convincing before we found ourselves planning to stay the night - plus I figured it would be good practice for our family vacation in a couple weeks.
 
We arrived just after lunch and the weather was beautiful - that's right, it was actually cooperating for once...no chance of rain, hail or tornadoes;)  To be honest I'm not really sure how we managed to accomplish so many things in two days but we did it and very successfully I might add (there were no major meltdowns).  It must of been a combination of the fresh air and our incredible hosts.  Highlights included tubing, Hudson catching his first fish, the Muskoka Store (still one of my favourite stores ever!), a sunset cruise on the coolest pontoon boat (with Bluetooth!) and finally, hearing our wedding song being played on the guitar while our very own host sang to us in front of the campfire - we're never going to forget that one Ron:)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you Ron and Kristina for all the memories.
 
Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Grandpa on his 100th Birthday

    On Sunday my grandfather turned 100 and we had a beautiful celebration.  I promise to post photos from the event once they are ready...I can hardly wait to see them!  Today I decided to share my speech completely unaltered.  If it sounds like I'm talking, it's because I literally recorded myself talking to myself about my grandpa...then I typed out what I said - almost word for word.  It truly helped me to speak from the heart and talk about the memories I'll have forever...   For my grandpa on his 100 th birthday…   My grandfather was born on February 18 th , 1918…fast forward about 64 years, and that’s when I came into the picture.   And that’s where I’m going to start.   My grandfather has been a part of my life as far back as I can remember.   At a very young age my mom and I moved into a neighbourhood in North Mississauga.   Not long after my grandparents moved into their home just one street over.   They were always right around the corne
Alzheimer's Disease is death before death, and I'm terrified of it." - Joey Comeau I wrote this entire entry last Sunday during my 5 hour train ride... Once again I'm on board VIA Rail train 65 to Toronto Union from Dorval, Quebec.  For my friends and family who follow my accounts through social media, it appears that I am returning home from a fun-filled weekend away - no kids, a little shopping, plenty of good food, morning runs along the St. Lawrence, non-alcoholic wine and loads of good conversation.  Not to mention this was the first time in over 5 years that I've left home and my family to be on my own for a few days.  But below the surface and behind all the charming photos, this weekend had much more meaning and significance than I ever could have imagined...For the first time in 7 years I went to visit my father. I never wanted to make this trip alone and nor did I intend on waiting so long.  I should have done it years prior but the timing

Tasca Park

    A couple weeks ago it was a beautiful Sunday morning and all I wanted to do was pack up the car with the entire family and head out to enjoy the day.  I was thinking something really fun - like heading to Center Island.  The reality was we were completely unprepared for any kind of outing...especially one that required planning ahead and being organized.  Instead we decided to save our Island adventure for another day (maybe even another year -ha!) and got to work cleaning up some things around the house.  All those really boring things I hate doing on a Sunday, but those are the same things you're grateful you did when Monday morning rolls around.    By the afternoon we were feeling ready and prepped for the week ahead but I still had that desire to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  My hubby and I decided to throw the diaper bag in the car, fill up the water bottles and head out to one of the local parks in Caledon.  We really had no idea where we were g